Wednesday, May 18, 2011

fade into the light

A trend I'm not sure if it's an "OMG" or "eek", ombre hair.


Fashiontoast -"Low Key" (she explains how she gets her hair in this particular post)


Ashlee Simpson



Lauren Conrad


Rachel Bilson


Ombre hair has been here before but it's definitely making a come back. I first saw ombre hair on Fashiontoast (blogger effect? stay tuned! ) in recent years and I've got to say her hair is definitely one of the prettiest ombre hair I've seen. Simply put, ombre hair is basically having lighter tips and darker roots. Personally, it's a trend I'm still iffy about due to the prior impression I've always had on ombre hair, in which ombre hair was described as "pudding hair" (because it looks like flan) and it wasn't always associated with fashionable/stylish/good looking. Thus it's not a trend I would easily take on, although it does look good on some people and it's definitely healthier for your hair.

What's your take on ombre hair?

1 comment:

  1. I like it but then i've had non-deliberate Ombre hair for ages because i've been slowly growing out my bleached blonde hair except now it's nearly gone so I might have to diy it back again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...